Thankyou koredrafting for your presentation last night.
What we learnt:
- A well defined origin, grid and reduced level is important to a successful BIM project.
- Having a project datum to reduce the X and Y value improves the model performance for steel detailing projects.
- .IFC file format works for importing and exporting building models.
- Clash checks is a main benefit of 3D modelling.
- What the deliverable’s of the shop detailer are. ie single parts, group assemblies, marking plans, parts list, bill of materials, DXF data, NC1 data, transmittal’s etc.
Download the presentation: Steel Detailing Presentation