What has been traditional design management issues? What goals can we have for design management with BIM? How can a common data environment (CDE) be used? What prerequisites for the management of BIM should be considered? And what is the optimized project structure for building information modeling design management?
We will be meeting on the 4th of March at the UTAS IMAS Aurora Lecture Theatre. Please ensure you book your Free Ticket for our Hobart Event.
The current agenda for the evening is;
6:00pm – 7:30pm – Presentations
- Welcome and Industry Updates
- Integrated BIM with InEight Project Management and Building Lifecycle Platform
- BIM for Design Management
- Current Affairs
7:30pm – 9:00pm – Networking.
A special thank you to InEight for sponsoring our venue.
Thankyou koredrafting for your presentation last night.
What we learnt:
- A well defined origin, grid and reduced level is important to a successful BIM project.
- Having a project datum to reduce the X and Y value improves the model performance for steel detailing projects.
- .IFC file format works for importing and exporting building models.
- Clash checks is a main benefit of 3D modelling.
- What the deliverable’s of the shop detailer are. ie single parts, group assemblies, marking plans, parts list, bill of materials, DXF data, NC1 data, transmittal’s etc.
Download the presentation: Steel Detailing Presentation